Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dining in L5P & Surrounding Areas - Part 2


An old pledge sister of mine  (LIOB) came to town this week for a work conference. I was lucky enough to see her and spend some time catching up. She graciously invited me to dinner with her boss and asked for suggestions on Atlanta's best cuisine. After inundating her with a ridiculous amount of restaurants, she decided upon Rathbun's. Yes, I've been once before, but I was on a budget. This time, I decided I owed it to myself to enjoy the evening, the company and the food. Which I did.

RATHBUNS


This upscale well-known Atlanta restaurant is one of the Atlanta "must-trys." Not to be confused with the prime steak house, this restaurant is more modern American cuisine. Brittany's boss and I decided to split a half bottle of cab that our waiter was raving about. At $50/half bottle - it better be good. It was excellent. Faust Cab: 2008 Napa. Yes, we ordered another as the meal progressed.

We each started with salads. I ordered the Greek Wedge. Toasted oregano vinaigrette, shaved onion, black olives, roasted red peppers, crumbled feta and diced cucumbers. Awesome.


Following my salad, I decided to order the rosemary basted flat iron steak with Corona beans, arugula & lemon oil. It definitely lived up to my hopes. Medium rare juicy goodness.




Brittany ordered my second choice, Sea Scallop Benedict on country ham grits with asparagus & spiced hollandaise. There was a lot of pepper, but aside from that, the dish was delicious.








We were now ready to wind down at the bar with an after-dinner cocktail. I ordered a Dark & Stormy with their house-made ginger beer. Pretty potent, but good stuff and a nice way to settle the stomach after a large meal. Overall, Rathbun's gets an A- in my book!
 Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment